Get Ready to SING!
Imagine your child: eyes sparkling with joy and face full of confidence, singing with his new choir friends. With a song on her heart and lips, your child is bursting with excitement, and you couldn’t be more full of pride!
Singing isn’t just fun – it’s immensely good for you! Singing…
- Increases confidence
- Lowers stress
- Promotes healthy breathing
- Builds a strong, healthy posture
- Inspires self-expression
- Fosters community
- Promotes teamwork & interpersonal communication
- Boosts the immune system
Plus, the process of learning music…
- Enhances memory
- Increases language skills
- Builds sequencing skills
- Introduces foreign languages
- Fosters appreciation for other cultures and their music
So stand up tall, smile wide, and get ready to SING!
Have A Choir Question?
For Children Ages 5 – 8
It is said that we sing before we talk. And it’s true – children love to sing! In Seedling Singers, our youngest choir, we take your child’s natural love of singing and moving to develop healthy singing habits, fundamental musical knowledge, and rehearsal skills that will take his or her singing to the next level. And, of course, we will have a load of fun doing it!
Your child will:
- Learn about how the body breathes and the healthiest breathing habits for singing
- Develop a nice sitting and standing posture that promotes a beautiful singing voice and a strong body
- Practice diction – the art of pronouncing words super clearly while singing
- Explore all that his or her voice can do through pitch exploration and the various colors of the voice
- Develop his or her musical ear and pitch-matching abilities
- Learn some American Sign Language (dependent on repertoire selection)
- Gain basic music theory skills
- Learn how to follow a conductor
- And put on an unforgettable performance!
Summer Session 2019
Our Seedling Singers group is kicking off this summer, and we would love for your little singer to be a part of it! He or she will learn many new songs including the National Anthem, enjoy singing games, sing at a baseball game and in a special concert, and make new friends!
- Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30
- July 9 through August 13
- National Anthem at the Hudson Valley Renegades Game: Sunday, August 18
- End of Summer Concert: Monday, August 19, location TBA
- $150 per child
- Includes an exclusive Seedling Singers 2019 t-shirt and a Harmony Garden bag full of goodies!