Get Ready to SING!
Singing isn’t just fun – it’s immensely good for you! Singing…
- Increases confidence
- Lowers stress
- Inspires self-expression
- Fosters community
- Promotes teamwork & interpersonal communication
- Boosts the immune system
Plus, the process of learning music…
- Enhances memory
- Increases language skills
- Builds sequencing skills
- Introduces foreign languages
- Fosters appreciation for other cultures and their music
So stand up tall, smile wide, and get ready to SING!
For Ages 5 – 8
It is said that we sing before we talk. And it’s true – children love to sing! In our Children’s Choir, we take your child’s natural love of singing and moving to develop healthy singing habits, fundamental musical knowledge, and rehearsal skills that will take his or her singing to the next level. And, of course, we will have a load of fun doing it!
In the Children’s Choir, your child will:
- Learn about how the body breathes and the healthiest breathing habits for singing
- Develop a nice sitting and standing posture that promotes a beautiful singing voice and a strong body
- Practice diction – the art of pronouncing words super clearly while singing
- Explore all that his or her voice can do through pitch exploration and the various colors of the voice
- Develop his or her musical ear and pitch-matching abilities
- Learn some American Sign Language
- Gain basic music theory skills
- Learn how to follow a conductor and put on an unforgettable performance!
Spring Session 2019
Our spring choir session begins March 6th!
- Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30
- March 6th through June 5th. No rehearsal April 17th.
- Early June; details TBA
- $180 per child