Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. Don’t see your question here? Drop us a line and we’ll be happy to help!
What ages do you offer programs for?
Everyone! Newborns, toddlers, preschoolers, grade-school kids, teens, and adults are all welcome to come sing, dance, play, learn, and grow at The Harmony Garden. No matter what age or stage of life, no matter how much or how little musical experience you or your child may have, and no matter what your musical goals may be, our teachers are dedicated to starting where you are and helping you reach for your very own stars!
Can we attend classes on a “drop-in” basis?
Research shows that it is the continuity and longevity of any ongoing learning experience that most benefits your child’s development. This is why we ask that you make a commitment to your child’s learning for at least three months. The longer you stay enrolled, the more your child will be able to develop and build upon new skills and learning. Every day, we have the joy of watching as our students show an amazing increase in abilities and skills, even after attending classes or lessons for only a few months.
How can we sign up?
Our programs are offered year-round, so you can join at any time! Take a look at the various programs we offer. Then, send us a message or call us at (845) 522-2737 and we’ll be happy to get you registered over the phone.
How can I make a change to my enrollment?
It is inevitable that your children will grow, their interests may shift, and your schedule may change. If you need to switch to a different class or would like to enroll in an additional class at any time during the year, simply contact us and we will take care of everything for you.
Which class is best for my child?
Ultimately, you know your child best! Contact us with all of your expert knowledge about your child, and we’ll recommend a few programs that may provide the best learning environment for him or her. No two children are the same. That is why most of our programs have overlapping age recommendations, giving you lots of options and ensuring a perfect class for each child’s unique tastes, temperament, and developmental schedule. With these diverse and unique class offerings, each student has the freedom and flexibility to explore and learn at his or her own pace.
How much do classes cost?
We strive to ensure that your musical experience is the highest quality possible while also being affordable. Your monthly payment depends on which and how many classes your family is enrolled in. But, here are some basic numbers:
- Materials fee at the start of each semester ($65 in spring and fall, $35 in summer)
- $65 per month for one child
- $90 per month for two children in the same class
Your Kindermusik membership includes:
- A welcome gift for your child
- Weekly classes plus unlimited attendance at any additional classes you choose!
- Beautiful home materials that include literature books, CDs, instruments, and more to enhance your child’s learning and continue the fun at home and on the go
- Free attendance at special member-only bonus classes
- Unlimited make-up classes
- Weekly mini-newsletters full of info on how your child is growing, and how you can support your child’s formative development
- Priority registration for each new semester
- An annual birthday gift for your child
- Participation in special studio events and field trips
Private Music Lessons:
- One-time, non-refundable registration fee of $35 per student
- Included with your regisration fee is a studio tote bag full of goodies for your child
- $125 for weekly half-hour lessons
- $185 for weekly 45-minute lessons
- $250 for weekly hour lessons
- $15 per child per class
- Select special classes are $18-20 per child. These classes typically include a craft or other goodies to take home.